REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL)
Tax and Accountability Enhancement Project (TAEP).
CONSULTANCY SERVICES (INDIVIDUAL): EXERNAL PROCUREMENT AUDIT OF THE TAX AND ACCOUNTABILITY ENHANCEMENT (TAEP) PROJECT
Sector: Governance | Financing Agreement reference: 21 00 155040633 | Project ID No.: P-ZW-KF0-012
The Government of the Republic of Zimbabwe has received financing from the African Development Fund toward the cost of the Tax and Accountability Enhancement Project (TAEP), and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to payments under the contract for the procurement audit of the Project.
The services included under this project are (i). Verifying the Compliance of the procurement process, tendering and the evaluation with the provisions of the Financing Agreement (FA), procurement plans, the provisions of the Bank’s procurement procedures and national public procurement law and regulations; (ii). Verifying conformity of technical quality and quantities delivered in accordance with the contract’s conditions while ensuring reliability and integrity of financial and operational information as these relate to those deliveries; (iii). Assess the risks regarding the respect of the principles of procurement, control, competences and the management capacity of the Executing Agent (EA) staff.; (iv) Assessing the overall Executing Agencies (EAs) capacity to validate that it is in line with the assessment made during project appraisal. The estimated period of execution is 15 days per audit over the duration of the project (2020-2023).
The Parliament of Zimbabwe, ZIMRA and OAG, the Project Executing Agencies, now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested individuals must send Profiles and CVs that provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. Required qualifications include:
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Procurement and / or Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Law, Accounting or Auditing or equivalent
- Current Membership of a Procurement / or Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Law, Accounting or Auditing professional body, e.g. CIPS, ACCA, or equivalent
- Professional qualification in Procurement / Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Law, or Accounting /Auditing i.e. CIPS, ACCA or equivalent
- Good knowledge of public procurement systems
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional post-qualification experience.
- Experience must include auditing of public procurement contracts or assessments of public procurement systems, especially audit of African Development Bank/Multilateral donor funded projects
- Experience of carrying out Procurement Audits within the SADC or African Region will be an added advantage
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants” October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 08:00 hours to 16:30 hours. Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by 20 December 2021 at 10.30 am local Zimbabwe time (GMT + 2 hours) and mention “EXTERNAL PROCUREMENT AUDIT OF THE TAX AND ACCOUNTABILITY ENHANCEMENT (TAEP) PROJECT”
The Programmes Coordinator
Attn: The Procurement Specialist
Programmes Coordination Unit, Parliament of Zimbabwe
Cnr. Third Street and Kwame Nkrumah Avenue, Third Floor, Room 313
- O Box CY 298, Causeway, Harare