Records and Information falls under the Human Resources and Administration directorate and is located on the Second Floor, Room 201A and 201B.
To provide efficient and effective records management, telephone and secretarial services to Members and Officers of Parliament.
- Official mail i.e all mail addressed to the Clerk of Parliament is opened, stamped, recorded and given file references.
- Officers action and return files to Records/ Registry for safe keeping within five days of receiving a file.
- Officers are encouraged to use residential addresses for personal letters
- The department is in charge of the Switchboard. Priority is given to incoming calls. Fault reports are directed to the Switchboard, who keep a record before calling external technicians/Telone.
- Secretarial services (for Parliament business) are provided to Members and officers of Parliament.