- Download 1
- File Size 204 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date August 14, 2021
- Last Updated November 5, 2021
NATIONAL ASSEMBLY VOTES 25_JULY_2006_NO._1
VOTES AND PROCEEDINGS OF THE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY
FIRST SESSION – SIXTH PARLIAMENT
TUESDAY, 25TH JULY 2006
Eight minutes to twelve o’clock a.m
The Speaker in the Chair
N.B. Printer please insert all ticked names in column form.
Absent with leave
Printed by Order of the House
- The House met, pursuant to Proclamation, in the Chamber, Parliament of Zimbabwe.
- The Clerk of Parliament read the Proclamation of the President of Zimbabwe dated 25 July 2006, summoning the Parliament to meet this day for the dispatch of business as follows:-
HIS EXCELLENCY COMRADE ROBERT GABRIEL MUGABE, G.C.Z.M
President of the Republic of Zimbabwe and Commander-in-Chief of the Defence Forces of Zimbabwe.
WHEREAS it is provided by section 63 of the Constitution that the President may at any time prorogue Parliament and that any such prorogation shall be by Proclamation in the Gazette.
AND WHEREAS, it is provided by section 62 of the Constitution that
the sessions of Parliament shall be held in such place and shall begin at such time as the President may, by Proclamation in the Gazette, fix:
NOW, THEREFORE, under and by virtue of the powers vested in the
President as afore said, I do, by this my Proclamation –
- prorogue Parliament on Friday 30th June, 2006; and
- fix –
- Parliament Buildings, Harare, as the place at which the second session of the Sixth Parliament of Zimbabwe shall be held; and
- twelve o’clock noon on Tuesday, the 25th July, 2006, as the time and date at which the second session of the Sixth Parliament shall begin.
Given under my hand and the public seal of Zimbabwe at Harare this twentieth day of June, in the year of our Lord two thousand and six.
- G. MUGABE,
By Command of the President.
- MR. SPEAKER: I have to inform the House that the President of Zimbabwe will today at Twelve O’clock noon, declare the cause of his calling the Parliament to meet.
Mr Speaker left the Chair at four minutes to twelve o’clock noon.
- The Honourable the Senate attended.
Twelve o’clock noon.
- The President of Zimbabwe, being seated in the Chair, was pleased to address the House as follows:-
(Printer please insert speech)
- The Honourable the Senate withdrew.
Nineteen minutes to one o’clock p.m.
- Mr Speaker resumed the Chair and read Prayers.
- Mr Speaker laid upon the Table-
A copy of the speech, which the President of Zimbabwe has been pleased to deliver this day.
- Mr Speaker made an announcement regarding the death on Saturday, 24th June
2006, of the Honourable Minister of Information and Publicity and Member of
Parliament for Chikomba Constituency, Joseph B. Jokonya and of Honourable Member for Rushinga Constituency, Sandura Machirori, and invited all members to observe a minute of silence as a mark of respect for the late Honourable Members.
- Committee nominated-
Standing Rules and Orders
Vice President, Hon. J. Msika,; Vice President Hon. J. T. Mujuru; The
Minister of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs, Hon. P. A. Chinamasa; The Minister of Finance Hon. Dr. H. M. Murerwa; The Deputy Speaker, Hon. K. M. Kangai; Leader of Opposition, Hon. G. J. Sibanda; Government Chief Whip, Hon. J. M. Gumbo; The Opposition Chief Whip, Hon. I. T. Gonese;
President of the Senate, Hon E. Madzongwe; Deputy President of the Senate, Hon N. K. Ndlovu; Minister of State for Indigenisation and Empowerment, Hon. S. Mbengegwi; Senator Chief Charumbira; Senator E. N. Moyo; Hon. S.
- Mahofa; Minister of State for National Security, Lands, Land Reform and Resettlement in the President’s Office, Hon. D. N. E. Mutasa; Hon. M.
Zinyemba; Hon. T. Khupe; Hon. P. Misihairabwi-Mushonga, Hon. Senator G. Nyoni.
- The Minister of Finance moved: That the Committee of Supply be appointed in terms of Standing Order No. 84.
Motion put and agreed to.
- Mr Speaker adjourned the House without putting any question at eleven minutes to one o’ clock until tomorrow.
- L. NKOMO
WEDNESDAY, 25TH JULY 2006
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWERS
QUESTIONS WITHOUT NOTICE
* QUESTIONS WITH NOTICE
NOTICE OF PRESENTATION OF BILLS
- MINISTER OF ENERGY AND POWER DEVELOPMENT – Bill to provide for the establish of the Petroleum Regulatory Authority and its functions and management; to provide for the licensing and regulation of the petroleum industry; and to provide for matters incidental to or connected with the foregoing – Petroleum Bill (H. B 5, 2006).
- THE MINISTER JUSTICE, LEGAL AND PARLIAMENTARY AFFAIRS - Bill to make further provisions for the Judicial Service Commission; to constitute the Judicial Service; to establish the Judicial Service Committees and to provide for their functions; to provide for the administration and the conditions of service of members of the Judicial Service employed in the Supreme Court and the High Court and other courts subordinate to the Supreme Court and the High Court, and the Office of the Ombudsman; to provide for the transfer of persons from the Public Service to the Judicial Service; to make consequential amendments to various Acts; and to provide for matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing - Judicial Services Bill (H.B. 7, 2006).
- THE MINISTER OF TRANSPORT AND COMMUNICATIONS – Bill to provide for the lawful interception and monitoring of certain communications in the course of their transmission through a telecommunication, postal or any other related service or system in Zimbabwe; to provide for the establishment of a monitoring centre; and to provide for any other matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing - Interception of Communications Bill (H.B. 4, 2006)
- THE MINISTER OF JUSTICE, LEGAL AND PARLIAMENTARY AFFAIRS – Bill to amend the Criminal Procedure and Evidence Act [Chapter 8:07); and to provide for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto - Criminal Procedure and Evidence Amendment Bill (H.B. 3, 2006).
5. THE MINISTER OF LANDS, LAND REFORM AND RESETTLEMENT – Bill to make
certain provisions that are consequential to the enactment of section 16B of the Constitution; to amend the Land Acquisition Act [Chapter 20:10]; to repeal the Rural Land Occupiers (Protection from Eviction) Act [Chapter 20:26] (No. 13 of 2001): and to provide for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto - Gazetted Land Consequential Provisions Bill (H.B. 8, 2006).
- THE MINISTER OF JUSTICE, LEGAL AND PARLIAMENTARY AFFAIRS – Bill to make for the protection of and relief to victims of domestic violence and to provide for matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing - Domestic Violence Bill (H.B. 9, 2006).
ORDER OF THE DAY AND NOTICE OF MOTION
1. HON CHIEF CHIMOMBE HON ZINYEMBA
That a respectful address be presented to the President of Zimbabwe as follows: –
May it please you, your Excellency the President:
We the Members of the Parliament of Zimbabwe, desire to express our loyalty to Zimbabwe and beg leave to offer our respectful thanks for the speech which you have been pleased to address to Parliament.
- COMMITTEE OF SUPPLY.