- Download 0
- File Size 275 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date August 14, 2021
- Last Updated November 5, 2021
NATIONAL ASSEMBLY VOTES 27_JULY_2006_NO._3
VOTES AND PROCEEDINGS OF THE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY
SECOND SESSION – SIXTH PARLIAMENT
THURSDAY, 27TH JULY 2006
Quarter past two o’clock p.m
The Speaker in the Chair
N.B. Printer please insert all ticked names in column form.
Absent with leave
Dandawa, Chief T.M.
Madzore P. Makova Col.. C Masawi E.S.
Mathuthu T. A.
Printed by Order of the House
- The Minister of Finance moved: That leave be granted to bring in a Bill to make further provisions for the Revenues and Public Funds of Zimbabwe and to make provision for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto (Notice given in terms of Standing Order No. 93 (Supplementary Budget Statement).
The Minister of Finance laid upon the Table-
Supplementary Estimates of Expenditure for the year ending 31st December 2006.
Supplementary Budget Statement 2006.
On the motion of The Minister of Mines and Mining Development: Debate adjourned until Tuesday.
- On the motion of The Minister of Mines and Mining Development: The House adjourned at sixteen minutes past four o’clock p.m. until Tuesday 1st August, 2006 at a quarter past two o’clock in the afternoon.
- L. NKOMO
TUESDAY, 1ST AUGUST 2006
ORDERS OF THE DAY
- Adjourned debate on motion to bring in a Finance Bill (Adjourned 27th July 2006 – Minister of Mines and Mining Development)
[Time elapsed: 1hr 3mins]
That leave be granted to bring in a Finance Bill to make further provisions for the revenues and public funds of Zimbabwe and to make provisions for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto – The Minister of Finance.
- COMMITTEE OF SUPPLY. (Supplementary Estimates of Expenditure – Vote Numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27.
- Adjourned debate on motion in reply to the Presidential Speech (adjourned 26TH July 2006 – The Minister of Rural Housing and Social Amenities)
[Time elapsed: 5 minutes]
Question proposed: That a respectful address be presented to the President of Zimbabwe as follows-
That a respectful address be presented to the President of Zimbabwe as follows: –
May it please you, your Excellency the President:
We the Members of the Parliament of Zimbabwe, desire to express our loyalty to Zimbabwe and beg leave to offer our respectful thanks for the speech, which you have been pleased to address to Parliament – Hon. Chief Chimombe.
WEDNESDAY, 2ND AUGUST 2006
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWERS
QUESTIONS WITHOUT NOTICE * QUESTIONS WITH NOTICE
- MR. MUSA: To ask the Minister of Local Government and Urban Development to explain:
- whether the ministry is aware that the City of Harare has issued a licence, to operate a lodge to the owner of Number 12 Catalina Road, Ridgeview, about 200 metres from the Harare Institute of Technology.
- the council by-laws governing the licencing and operations of lodges in residential areas.
- HON. CHEBUNDO: To ask the Minister of State For National Security, lands, Land Reform and Resettlement in the President’s Office to make clear the current official policy position on the land redistribution exercise in view of the unclear and often conflicting statements over the past two years?
- HON. CHEBUNDO: To ask the Minister of State for National Security, Lands,
Land Reform and Resettlement in the President’s Office to explain the
Ministry’s position on;
- the new spates of take-over of the remaining highly productive and already partitioned farms in the Kwekwe Administrative District, in particular and Midlands Province in general, by senior politicians, their relatives, and workers, the majority of whom seem to be interested in occupying the farm houses etc. and not farming;
- the alleged corruption in the allocation of Land by the Kwekwe District Land Redistribution Committee.
- the one person one farm policy, seeing that this is being disregarded; and
- the economical of the destructive take-over of critical productive entities such as:
- Brandford farm, ‘T/A Kenan Investments,’ a major poultry producing company supplying 70% of the Midlands Retail and SMEs poultry markets requirements, the hospitality industry and food markets in
Masvingo, Bulawayo, Harare, Victoria Falls, Beitbridge and other areas. ii. the Bornwell Estates who are mass producers of agricultural produce; and
iii. Kwekwe Commercial farms that produced 1000 tonnes of burley in 2005 alone, which was 47% of the national output.
- HON CHEBUNDO: To ask the Minister of Home Affairs to inform the House on the outcome of investigations into the following murder cases:-
- Wonder Manhengo of Nembudziya, Gokwe who died in 20 June
- Mandishona Mutyanda of Amaveni, Kwekwe who died on 29
June 2000 after an attack on 18 June 2000;
- Henry Swan Elsworth, a commercial farmer gunned down at his
Kwekwe farm on 12 December 2000;
- Robert Fanwick Cobbet, a commercial farmer, murdered on 6
August 2001 in Kwekwe;
- Vusimuzi Mkweli ,of Gokwe who died on 9 September 2001
after several attacks by suspected political thugs;
- Kufa Rukara of Gokwe, who died on 20 November 2001 after an
attack at Tenda ‘torture’ Camp on 4 October 2001;
- Rambisai Nyika of Gokwe, murdered on 24 December 2001;
- Simwanja Mijoni of Kwekwe who died on 15 January 2002;
- Charles Sibanda of Zhombe, who died on 2 March 2002;
- Funny Mahuni of Kwekwe who died on 3 March 2002; and
- Tipason Madhobha of Gokwe, abducted and murdered on 2 May
BILLS UNDER CONSIDERATION BY THE PARLIAMENTARY LEGAL COMMITTEE
- Petroleum Bill (H. B 5, 2006) - Minister of Energy and Power Development –(Referred 26th July 2006).
- Judicial Service Bill (H.B. 7, 2006) - The Minister Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs –(Referred 26th July 2006).
- Interception of Communications Bill (H.B. 4, 2006) - The Minister of Transport and Communications –(Referred 26th July 2006).
- Criminal Procedure and Evidence Amendment Bill (H.B. 3, 2006) - The Minister of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs – (Referred 26th July 2006).
- Gazetted Land (Consequential Provisions) Bill (H.B. 8, 2006) - The Minister of State for National Security, Lands, Land Reform and Resettlement in the President’s Office–(Referred 26th July 2006).
- Domestic Violence Bill (H.B. 9, 2006) - The Minister of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs –(Referred 26th July 2006).
The Minister of Women Affairs, Gender and Community Development
Constitution of the Civil Service Housing Fund [by Chapter 22: 03].
The Minister of Education Sport and Culture
ZIMSEC Annual Report 2000
ZIMSEC Annual Report 2001
ZIMSEC Annual Report 2002
ZIMSEC Annual Report 2003
ZIMSEC Annual Report 2004
Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare
Constitution of Skills Retention Fund [by Chapter 22:03].
Minister of Finance
Report of the Comptroller and Auditor General to the Board of the Zimbabwe School Examinations Council in Respect of the Financial Statement for the Year Ended December 31, 2000.