- Download 4
- File Size 244 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date August 14, 2021
- Last Updated November 5, 2021
NATIONAL ASSEMBLY VOTES 4_MARCH_2009_NO._20
ADVANCE COPY- UNCORRECTED
VOTES AND PROCEEDINGS OF THE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY
FIRST SESSION – SEVENTH PARLIAMENT
WEDNESDAY 4TH MARCH 2009
Quarter past two o‟clock p.m The Speaker in the Chair
Chaderopa F Chambati T.S
Mavima L.D Mazikana P.H Mbwembwe E
Muchena O. N
Maramwidze E H
Ndlovu M. M
Nyamande J Nyamudeza S
Ziyambi W.Z Zwizwai M.
Nyamupinga B.B Sibanda F.M
Printed by Order of the House
Absent with leave
Pasihomusha B.J Matiza
- The Speaker informed Hon Members to collect 2009 calenders for their Parliamentary Constituency Information Centres from the Public Relations Department at Pax House, Third Floor South Wing, Office No. 4.
- The Speaker also informed Hon Members that on Wednesdays business commences with questions without notice from 1415 hours and questions with notice from 1515 hours to 1615 hours. Question time will commence on Wednesday next week as Ministers have just been appointed. Members wishing to have questions with notice should submit their draft questions to the Papers Office, Room 101, by 1p.m on Thursday for inclusion on the Order Paper and forwarding to the relevant Ministers. Only questions submitted by the Thursday deadline will be responded to the following Wednesday.
- The Prime Minister made a ministerial statement regarding the legislative programme and policy initiatives of the Inclusive Government.
- The Minister of Finance moved: That Order of the Day No. 1, for today, stands over until Order of the Day No. 7 has been disposed of.
Motion put and agreed to.
- On the motion of the Minister of Defence: The House adjourned at nine minutes to three o‟clock p.m. until Tuesday, 10th March 2009 at a quarter past two o‟clock in the afternoon.
- N. MOYO
TUESDAY, 10TH MARCH 2009
ORDERS OF THE DAY AND NOTICE OF MOTION
- Adjourned debate on motion that leave be granted to bring in a Finance Bill- (Adjourned 3rd March 2009 -The Minister of Defence)
[Time elapsed: 3 hours 45 minutes]
That leave be granted to bring in a Bill to make further provision for the revenues and public funds of Zimbabwe and to make provision for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto- The Acting Minister of Finance.
- COMMITTEE OF SUPPLY.
(Additional Estimates of Expenditure (2008) - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 and 29).
- Adjourned debate on motion in reply to the Presidential Speech (Adjourned 3rd March 2009 – The Minister of Defence)
[Time elapsed: 11 hours 59 minutes]
That a respectful address be presented to the President of Zimbabwe as follows:-
May it please you, your Excellency the President:
We, the Members of Parliament of Zimbabwe, desire to express our loyalty to Zimbabwe and beg leave to offer our respectful thanks for the speech, which you have been pleased to address to Parliament - Hon Mazikana.
- Adjourned debate on motion on the postponement of the opening of schools from the 13th to the 27th of January 2009 (Adjourned 3rd March 2009 – The Minister of Defence)
[Days elapsed: 4]
Question proposed: That this House-
WORRIED by the postponement of the opening of schools from the 13th of January 2009 to the 27th of January 2009;
CONCERNED by the uncertainty surrounding the education sector as manifested by the delay in the marking of Grade 7, „O‟ and „A‟ Level examinations and the threat by teachers not to go back to work unless their demands are met;
SHOCKED by the unwarranted interference in the operations of “Trust” schools and other private educational institutions;
ALARMED by the failure of those who claim to be in charge to find answers to the crisis in the educational sector which resulted in most students failing to attend lessons in 2008;
DISTURBED by the fact that this situation may deteriorate in 2009;
NOW, therefore, calls upon those responsible to take a holistic approach and find solutions to the crisis – Hon Mhashu.
- Adjourned debate on motion on the structural dislocation of Zimbabwe‟s economy (Adjourned 3rd March 2009- The Minster of Defencee)
[Days Elapsed: 4]
Question proposed: That this House-
CONCERNED WITH the structural dislocation of Zimbabwe‟s economy, macroeconomic dysfunctionality and the pervasive levels of failure by the state.
DISTURBED BY the high levels of poverty, unemployment and suffering of the people of Zimbabwe.
CONCERNED BY the collapse of the public education, public health and public transport infrastructure in the country.
FURTHER CONCERNED BY the deeply seated humanitarian crisis, the absence of the rule of law, the food crisis and the extent of deprivation and want by our people.
ALARMED BY the high levels of corruption, looting, avarice, asset stripping, patronage and clientelism prevalent in the country.
CONCERNED BY THE militarization and politicization in the distribution of food.
FURTHER CONCERNED by the deliberate indifference to the crisis by those in control.
NOW THEREFORE, THIS HOUSE RESOLVES;
- To express its strong concern to the responsible authorities and urge all concerned to direct their energies towards the rebuilding of Zimbabwe.
- To call for the crafting of policies to address these challenges being faced by Zimbabweans- Hon Biti.
- HON. GONESE
COMMENDING the people of Zimbabwe on a fairly decent election on 29 March 2008.
CONCERNED by the reports of alleged murder, torture, rape, arson and looting that took place after the harmonized elections of 29 March 2008.
FURTHER CONCERNED by levels of lawlessness, abuse of the rule of law and abuse of state institutions in this violence.
NOW, THEREFORE, THIS HOUSE RESOLVES THAT:
A select Committee of Parliament be appointed to investigate the violence that took place after the March 28 and report its findings to Parliament.
- COMMITTEE OF SUPPLY.
(Main Estimates of Expenditure (2009) - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 and 29).