- Download 0
- File Size 52.00 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date December 6, 2022
- Last Updated December 6, 2022
NATIONAL ASSEMBLY VOTES 6 DECEMBER 2022 NO 3
ADVANCE COPY- UNCORRECTED
VOTES AND PROCEEDINGS OF
THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
FIFTH SESSION – NINTH PARLIAMENT
TUESDAY, 6TH DECEMBER, 2022
Quarter past two o’clock pm
The Deputy Speaker in the Chair
Biti L T
Chikukwa M. R,
Chingosho C. P.
Chiwetu J Z
Gandawa M. A,
Gonese I T,
Gumbo J. M.,
Gwanetsa K. K.,
Karumazondo M. T.,
Kashambe M. T.,
Maboyi R M.,
Mafuta S. V.,
Makari Z H
Makoni R R,
Markham A. N.,
Masango C. P.,
Masenda N. T,
Mataranyika D. M.,
Mchenje S. M.,
Mguni S K,
Mliswa T P
Muchimwe P T,
Mugweni C. T.,
Mutsenyami C P
Nduna D. T.,
Nyashanu M. Dr,
Nyoni S. G. G.,
Phulu K I
Sacco J. K.,
Samukange J. T.,
Sansole T. W.,
Saruwaka T. J. L.,
Sewera J N,
Sithole G K,
Tarusenga U D
Watson N J,
In Attendance in terms of section 138(2) and (3) and section 104(3) of the Constitution
Hon. Prof. M. Ncube
Printed by Order of the House
Absent with leave
Hon. E. Mkaratigwa.
- Papers laid upon the Table—
The Minister of Energy and Power Development
Report of the 2020 Rural Electrification Fund Annual Report [By Chapter 22:19].
Report of the 2020 ZESA Holdings Annual Report [By Chapter 22:19].
Report of the 2021 Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority Annual Report [By Chapter 22:19].
- The Deputy Speaker informed the House that the Committee on Standing Rules and Orders at its meeting held on Friday, 18th November, 2022 resolved that all Parliamentary sittings and Committee meetings be held physically with immediate effect. The only exception would be meetings of Parliamentary Legal Committee (PLC).
- The Minister of Justice, Legal And Parliamentary Affairs presented a Bill to provide for the establishment, functions and administration of the Prisons and Correctional Service; the Prisons and Correctional Service Commission; the establishment of prisons and correctional facilities; the functions, rights, privileges, obligations and discipline of prison officers; the safe custody of all offenders under humane conditions that respect human dignity; the discipline of offenders; the obligations and rights of sentenced offenders; the obligations and rights of unsentenced offenders; the establishment of a system of parole for offenders; mechanism to deal with complaints of abuse of offenders; judicial and civilian oversight of the operations of the Service; the penalties for offenses; the repeal of Prisons Act and the substitution of an Act entitled Prisons and Correctional Service Act– Prisons and Correctional Services Bill, (H. B. 6, 2022).
Bill read for the first time. Referred to Parliamentary Legal Committee.
- The Minister of Finance and Economic Development, with leave, moved: That the provisions of Standing Order Nos. 33(6), 53, 66 (2), 68 (5) and 147 regarding the Reporting Period of the Parliamentary Legal Committee, Automatic adjournment of the House at five minutes to seven o’clock pm on sitting days other than a Friday and at twenty- five minutes past one o’clock pm on a Friday, Private Members’ Motions taking precedence on Wednesday after Question Time and that Question Time shall be on Wednesdays and Stages of Bills respectively, be suspended until business relating to the Budget has been disposed of.
Motion put agreed to.
- Adjourned debate on motion that leave be granted to bring in a Finance Bill (Adjourned 24th November 2022 – The Minister of Finance and Economic Development).
[Day elapsed: 1]
Question again proposed: That leave be granted to bring in a Bill to make further provision for the revenues and public funds of Zimbabwe and to make provision for ancillary and incidental matters — The Minister of Finance and Economic Development.
On the motion of the Minister of Finance and Economic Development: Debate adjourned until tomorrow.
- On the motion of the Minister of Finance and Economic Development: The House adjourned at twenty-three minutes past five o’clock pm.
HON. T. GEZI,
WEDNESDAY, 7TH DECEMBER, 2022
NOTICE OF PRESENTATION OF BILL
The Minister of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs: Bill to
amend the Electoral Act [Chapter 2:13]; and to provide for matters connected
with or incidental to the foregoing. – Electoral Amendment Bill, (H. B. 11,
ORDERS OF THE DAY AND NOTICES OF MOTIONS
- Minister of Justice, legal and Parliamentary affairs
That this House resolves that the following Bills which were superseded by the end of the Fourth Session of the Ninth Parliament be restored on the Order Paper at the stage which the Bill had reached in terms of Standing Order No. 171 (1) (a).
- Private Voluntary Organisation Amendment Bill (H.B. 10A, 2021)
- Police Amendment Bill (H.B. 2, 2021)
- National Security Council Bill (H.B. 2, 2022)
- Children Amendment Bill (H.B. 12, 2021)
- Child Justice Bill (H.B. 11, 2021)
- Labour Amendment Bill (H.B. 14, 2021)
- Insurance Bill (H.B. 1, 2021)
- Judicial Laws Amendment Bill (H.B. 3, 2022)
- Electricity Amendment Bill (H.B. 7, 2022)
- Medical Services Amendment Bill (H.B. 1, 2022)
- Public Finance Management Amendment Bill (H.B. 4, 2021)
- Adjourned debate on motion that leave be granted to bring in a Finance Bill
(Adjourned 6th December 2022 – The Minister of Finance and Economic
[Day elapsed: 1]
Question proposed: That leave be granted to bring in a Bill to make further provision for the revenues and public funds of Zimbabwe and to make provision for ancillary and incidental matters — The Minister of Finance and Economic Development.
- Committee of Supply (Main Estimates of Expenditure – Vote Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 and 35).
Hon. P. Zhou
That a respectful address be presented to the President of Zimbabwe as follows:-
May it please you, your Excellency the President:
We, the Members of Parliament of Zimbabwe, desire to express our loyalty to Zimbabwe and beg leave to offer our respectful thanks for the speech, which you have been pleased to address to Parliament.
- B. Dube
That this House considers and adopts the Report of the Public Accounts Committee on non- compliance with regards to the submission of financial statements to the Auditor General by some Local Authorities (S. C. 32, 2022).
BILL UNDER CONSIDERATION BY THE PARLIAMENTARY LEGAL COMMITTEE
Prisons and Correctional Services Bill, (H. B. 6, 2022) – The Minister of Justice and
WEDNESDAY, 14TH DECEMBER, 2022
* QUESTIONS WITHOUT NOTICE