- Download 0
- File Size 184 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date August 14, 2021
- Last Updated November 5, 2021
NATIONAL ASSEMBLY VOTES 9_JUNE_2005_NO._2_1
VOTES AND PROCEEDINGS OF THE HOUSE
FIRST SESSION – SIXTH PARLIAMENT
THURSDAY, 9TH JUNE, 2005
Five minutes to twelve o’clock noon.
N.B. Printer please insert all ticked names in column form.
Absent with leave
Mpariwa P `b ò |adjustright
- The House met, pursuant to proclamation, in the Chamber, Parliament of Zimbabwe.
Mr Speaker in the Chair.
- MR SPEAKER : I(have to inform the House that the President of Zimbabwe(will today,
at twelve o’clock noon , declare the causes of his calling the Parliament to meet. ópnum
(Ls33òMrN Speaker left the Chair at dwo minutes to twelve o’clock noon.
Printed by Order of the House
- The President of Zimbabwe, being seated in the Chair, was pleased to address the House as follows-
Printer please insert the President’s Speech.
Twenty-five minutes to one o’clock p.m.
Mr Speaker resumed the Chair and read Prayers.
- Mr Speaker laid upon the Table-
A copy of the Speech which the President of Zimbabwe had been pleased to deliver this day.
- Committee nominated- Standing Rules and Orders:
Vice President, Hon. J Msika; Vice President Hon. J. T. Mujuru; The Minister of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs, Hon. P. A. Chinamasa; The Minister of
Finance, Hon. Dr. H. M. Mrerwa; The Deputy Speaker Hon. E. Madzongwe; The
Leader of the Opposition Hon. G..J. Sibanda; Hon. Chief Charumbira; The
Government Chief Whip, Hon. J. M. Gumbo and the Opposition Chief Whip.
Mr Speaker informed the House that nine Members would be elected by the House on the 22nd of June, 2005 to serve on the Standing Rules and Orders Committee in addition to the ones nominated and that nominations had to be with the Clerk no later than 21 June 2005 at 1630 hours.
- The Minister of Finance moved: That the Committee of Supply be appointed in terms of Standing Order No. 84.
Motion put and agreed to.
- Mr Speaker adjourned the House without putting any question at seventeen minutes to one o’clock p.m. until Tuesday, 21st June 2005, at a quarter past two o’clock in the afternoon.
- L. NKOMO,
TUESDAY, 21ST JUNE 2005
NOTICE OF PRESENTATION OF BILLS
- THE MINISTER OF PUBLIC SERVICE, LABOUR AND SOCIAL WELFARE: Bill to amend the
Labour Act [Chapter 28:01], to repeal section 56 of the Export Processing Zones Act [Chapter 14:07], and to provide for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto - Labour Amendment Bill (H.B. 1, 2005).
- THE MINISTER OF FINANCE: Bill to amend the Banking Act [Chapter 24:20]- Banking Amendment Bill (H.B. 3, 2005).
- THE MINISTER OF JUSTICE, LEGAL AND PARLIAMENTARY AFFAIRS: Bill to constitute the Attorney-General’s Office; establish the Attorney-General’s Office Board and to provide for its functions; to provide for its administration and the conditions of service of members of the Attorney-General’s Office; to provide for the transfer of persons from the Public Service to the Attorney-General’s Office; to make consequential amendments to various acts; and to provide for matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing - Attorney-General’s Office Bill (H.B. 4, 2005).
- THE MINISTER OF JUSTICE, LEGAL AND PARLIAMENTARY AFFAIRS: Bill to amend the
Maintenance Act [Chapter 5:09], section 4 of the Judges Salaries, Allowances and
Pensions Act [Chapter 7:08], sections 13 and 14 of the Judicial College Act [Chapter 7:17], the Service of Documents (Telegraph)Act [Chapter 8:13], sections 6 and 7 of the Miscellaneous Offences Act [Chapter 9:15], section 63 of the Serious Offences (Confiscation of Profits) Act [Chapter 9:17], section 9 of the Stock Theft Act [chapter 9:18], section 10 of the Betting and Totalizator Control Act [Chapter10:02], section 5 of the Pools Control Act [Chapter 10:19], section 6 of the Presidential Powers (Temporary Measures) Act [Chapter 10:20], section 5 of the Lotteries and Gaming
Act [Chapter 10:26], the Defence act [Chapter 11:02], sections 2 and 30 of the War Victims Compensation Act [Chapter 11:17] (Act No. 1 of 2002), sections 98 and 103 of the Postal and Telecommunications Act [Chapter 12:05] (Act No. 4 of 2000), section 4 pf the Copper Control Act [Chapter 14:06], the Electricity Act [Chapter 13:19] (Act No. 4 of 2002), section 1 of the Rural Electrification act [Chapter 13:20]
(Act No. 3 of 2002), section 3 of the Money lending and Rates of Interest Act
[Chapter 14:14], section 4 of the Second-hand goods Act [Chapter 14:16], the Water
Act [Chapter 20:24] (Act No. 31 of 1998), the Environmental Management Act
[Chapter 20:27] (Act No. 11 of 2002), section 6 of Exchange Control act [Chapter
22:05], section 14 of the Procurement Control Act [Chapter 22:14] (Act No. 2 of
1999), the Boxing and Wrestling Control Act [Chapter 25:02], and sections 193 and
196 of the Urban Councils Act [Chapter 29:15]; and to update cross-references to the
Children’s Act [Chapter 5:06] in certain Acts – General Laws Amendment Bill (H.B.
- THE MINISTER OF EDUCATION, SPORT AND CULTURE: Bill to amend the Education Act [Chapter 25:04] and to provide for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto- Education Amendment Bill (H.B. 6, 2005).
- THE MINISTER OF HIGHER AND TERTIARY EDUCATION: Bill to establish the Harare Institute of Technology as a degree-granting institution; and to provide for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto – Harare Institute of Technology Bill (H.B.
ORDER OF THE DAY AND NOTICE OF MOTION
- MR MZEMBI
That a respectful address be presented to the President of Zimbabwe as follows-
May it please you, Your Excellency, the President:
We, the Members of Parliament of Zimbabwe, desire to express our loyalty to Zimbabwe and beg leave to offer our respectful thanks for the Speech which you have been pleased to address to Parliament.
- COMMITTEE OF SUPPLY.