- Download 23
- File Size 164.57 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date October 7, 2021
- Last Updated October 7, 2021
SENATE VOTES 07 OCTOBER 2021 NO 1
VOTES AND PROCEEDINGS OF THE SENATE
FOURTH SESSION – NINTH PARLIAMENT
THURSDAY, 7TH OCTOBER, 2021
Twenty minutes to twelve o’clock.
President of the Senate in the Chair.
Chirongoma J. M.
Dube M. R.
Hungwe S. O.
Maluleke O. M
Muzenda V T
Mtshane L. K Chief
Mwonzora T D
Ndlovu D. M.
Nyambuya M. R
Parirenyatwa D P
Sekeramayi S. T
Tongogara A. K.
In attendance in terms of section 138(2) and (3) and section 104(3) of the Constitution
Printed by Order of the Senate
Absent with leave
- The President of the Senate: Section 140 (1) of the Constitution of Zimbabwe states that:
“The President may at any time address either House of Parliament or a joint sitting of both Houses”
and Section 140 (4) also states that:
“At least once a year the President must address a joint sitting of both houses of Parliament on the state of the nation, and the Speaker and the President of the Senate must take the necessary arrangements for the Parliament to receive such address”.
Accordingly, his Excellency, the President of the Republic of Zimbabwe,
Hon. E. D. Mnangagwa will today, at twelve o’clock noon address a joint
sitting of the Senate and the National Assembly on the state of the nation
and will proceed to set out the government’s legislative agenda.
It is my intention now to proceed, attended by Officers of the Senate, to the National Assembly Chamber.
In keeping with the World Health Organization Guidelines on the prevention of the Coronavirus which emphasize on social distancing as one of the key preventive measures, it is not possible to accommodate all Senators to attend the address by His Excellence the President. Consequently, only selected Hon. Senators and Ministers will proceed into the National assembly. The rest of the Senators will follow the proceedings from the Senate Chamber and on the virtual platform from wherever they are.
- Business suspended at sixteen minutes to twelve o’clock noon.
- The President of the Senate attended the Joint Sitting of the Senate and the National Assembly.
- The Joint Sitting of the Senate and the National Assembly commenced at one minute to twelve o’clock noon.
- The President of Zimbabwe was pleased to address the Joint Sitting of the Senate and the National Assembly virtually from State House as follows:
N.B. PRINTER PLEASE INSERT THE PRESIDENTIAL SPEECH.
- The Joint Sitting of the Senate and the National Assembly ended at twenty
minutes to one o’clock pm.
Eighteen minutes to one o’clock pm.
- The President of the Senate resumed the Chair and read the prayers.
- The President of the Senate laid upon the Table –
A copy of the speech which the President of Zimbabwe has been pleased to deliver this day.
- The President of the Senate informed the Senate that in order to expedite the work of Parliament, all Committees of the First Session would continue to operate pending the appointment of new Committees and that the business of Committees would resume on Monday, 11 October 2021.
- The President of the Senate adjourned the Senate without putting any question at sixteen minutes to one o’clock pm until Tuesday, 19th October 2021 at half past two o’clock in the afternoon.
- M. CHINOMONA,
President of the Senate.
TUESDAY, 19 OCTOBER, 2021
NOTICE OF MOTION
Hon. Sen. kambizi
Hon. Sen. mabika
That a respectful address be presented to the President of Zimbabwe as follows: –
May it please you, your Excellency President:
We, the Members of Parliament of Zimbabwe desire to express our loyalty to Zimbabwe and beg leave to offer our respectful thanks for the speech, which you have been pleased to address to Parliament.