- Download 1
- File Size 214 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date July 25, 2006
- Last Updated November 19, 2021
SENATE VOTES 25 JULY 2006
VOTES AND PROCEEDINGS OF THE SENATE
FIRST SESSION – SIXTH PARLIAMENT
TUESDAY, 25TH JULY 2006
Eighteen minutes to twelve o’clock President of the Senate in the Chair
N.B. Printer please insert all ticked names in column form.
Absent with leave
Printed by Order of the Senate
- Bills received from the House of Assembly
Finance Bill (H.B. 11, 2006)
Appropriation (Supplementary) (2006) (H.B. 10, 2006)……………3rd August 2006
- The Senate met, pursuant to Proclamation, in the Chamber of the Senate, Parliament of Zimbabwe.
Madam President in the Chair.
- The Deputy Clerk of Parliament read the Proclamation of the President of Zimbabwe dated 25 July 2006, summoning the Parliament to meet this day for the dispatch of business as follows:-
HIS EXCELLENCY COMRADE ROBERT GABRIEL MUGABE, G.C.Z.M
President of the Republic of Zimbabwe and Commander-in-Chief of the Defence Forces of Zimbabwe.
WHEREAS it is provided by section 63 of the Constitution that the President may at any time prorogue Parliament and that any such prorogation shall be by Proclamation in the Gazette.
AND WHEREAS, it is provided by section 62 of the Constitution that the
sessions of Parliament shall be held in such place and shall begin at such time as the President may, by Proclamation in the Gazette, fix:
NOW, THEREFORE, under and by virtue of the powers vested in the
President as afore said, I do, by this my Proclamation –
- prorogue Parliament on Friday 30th June, 2006; and
- fix –
- Parliament Buildings, Harare, as the place at which the second session of the Sixth Parliament of Zimbabwe shall be held; and
- twelve o’clock noon on Tuesday, the 25th July, 2006, as the time and date at which the second session of the Sixth Parliament shall begin.
Given under my hand and the public seal of Zimbabwe at Harare this twentieth day of June, in the year of our Lord two thousand and six.
- G. MUGABE,
By Command of the President.
- MR. SPEAKER: I have to inform the Honourable Senators that the President of Zimbabwe will today at Twelve O’clock noon, in the Chamber of the House of Assembly, declare the cause of his calling the Parliament to meet. It is my intention now to proceed, attended by the Members of the Senate, to the Chamber of the House of Assembly and I trust that Hon Senators will accompany me there in order to hear the President’s Speech.
Business suspended at sixteen minutes to twelve o’clock p.m.
Sixteen minutes to one o’clock.
Madam President; I have to acquaint Hon Senators that the Senate has this day attended upon the President of Zimbabwe in the Chamber of the House of Assembly. The President was pleased to address both Houses of Parliament. I have, for great accuracy, obtained a copy of the Presidential Speech, which is as follows.
(Printer insert President’s Speech)
- Madam President laid upon the Table –
A copy of the speech which the President of Zimbabwe has been pleased to deliver this day.
- Committee nominated-
Vice President, Hon. J. Msika; Vice President Hon. J. T. Mujuru; The Minister of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs, Hon. P. A. Chinamasa; The Minister of Finance Hon. Dr. H. M. Mrerwa; The Deputy Speaker, Hon. K. M. Kangai; Leader of Opposition, Hon. G. J. Sibanda; Government Chief Whip, Hon. J. M. Gumbo; The Opposition Chief Whip, Hon. I. T. Gonese; President of the Senate, Hon E. Madzongwe; Deputy President of the Senate, Hon N. K. Ndlovu; Minister of State for Indigenisation and Empowerment, Hon. S. Mbengegwi; Senator Chief Charumbira; Senator E. N. Moyo; Hon. S. B. Mahofa; Minister of State for National Security, Lands, Land Reform and Resettlement in the President’s Office, Hon. D. N. E. Mutasa; Hon. M. Zinyemba; Hon. T. Khupe; Hon. P. Misihairabwi-Mushonga, Hon. S. G. Nyoni.
- The Senate adjourned at twelve minutes to one o’clock p.m. until Tuesday 8th August 2006 at half past two o’clock p.m.
President of the Senate.
TUESDAY, 8th AUGUST 2006
ORDERS OF THE DAY AND NOTICE OF MOTION
- SECOND READING: Finance Bill (H.B. 11, 2006) – The Minister of Finance
- SECOND READING: Appropriation (Supplementary )Bill (2006) (H.B. 10, 2006) – The Minister of Finance
3. SENATOR E. N. MOYO SENATOR CHIE F MUSARURWA
That a respectful address be presented to the President of Zimbabwe as follows –
May it please you, your Excellency President we, the Members of Parliament of Zimbabwe desire to express our loyalty to Zimbabwe and beg leave to offer our respectful thanks for the speech which you have been pleased to address to Parliament.