- Download 13
- File Size 113.52 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date January 6, 2023
- Last Updated January 6, 2023
SENATE VOTES 6 JANUARY 2023 NO 9
VOTES AND PROCEEDINGS OF THE SENATE
FIFTH SESSION – NINTH PARLIAMENT
FRIDAY, 6TH JANUARY, 2023
Quarter to ten o’clock a.m.
The Acting President of the Senate in the Chair.
Chirongoma J M
Khumalo M. N.
Maluleke O M
Mkwananzi Z N
Mtshane L K
Ndiweni M. N.
Sekeramayi S T
In attendance in terms of section 138(2) and (3) and section 104(3) of the Constitution
Hon Ziyambi Z.,
Printed by Order of the Senate
Absent with leave
- Papers laid upon the Table -
The Minister of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs
Zimbabwe Electoral Commission 2022 Preliminary Report on the Delimitation Exercise [By Section 161 (7) of the Constitution of Zimbabwe]
- Togarepi, seconded by Hon. Tekeshe, with leave, moved: That an Ad Hoc Committee on the Analysis of Zimbabwe Electoral Commission 2022 Preliminary Report on the Delimitation Exercise be appointed.
Terms of reference of the Committee are as follows:-
- To analytically consider the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission 2022 Preliminary Report on the Delimitation Exercise and that it complies with Section 161 of the Constitution; and
- To report its findings and recommendations to the National Assembly and the Senate by 13th January 2023.
Motion put and agreed to.
- Committee nominated-
Hon. P. Togarepi (Chairperson), Hon. C. Madiwa, Hon. C. Mpame, Hon. K.
Musanhi, Hon. Sen. T.V. Muzenda, Hon. Sen. D. Mwonzora, Hon. M. Ncube,
Hon, A. Ndebele, Hon. D. Nduna, Hon. Sen. Dr. D.P. Parirenyatwa, Hon. Sen.
Chief Siansali, Hon. P. D. Sibanda, Hon. D. Tekeshe.
- On the motion of the Minister of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs: The
House adjourned at ten minutes to ten o`clock am until Friday, 13th January, 2023 at a quarter to ten o’clock in the morning.
HON. SEN. CHIEF F. Z. CHARUMBIRA,
FRIDAY, 13TH JANUARY, 2023
ORDERS OF THE DAY AND NOTICES OF MOTIONS
- Sen. Muzenda
Hon. Sen. Dr. Matevera
That this House considers and adopts the Report of the Ad Hoc Committee on the Analysis of Zimbabwe Electoral Commission 2022 Preliminary Report on the Delimitation Exercise.
- Second Reading: Private Voluntary Organisations Amendment Bill (H.B. 10A, 2021)- The Minister of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare.
- Adjourned debate on motion in reply to the Presidential Speech (Adjourned 14th December 2022- The Deputy Minister of Finance and Economic Development)
[Days elapsed: 7]
Question proposed: That a respectful address be presented to the President of
Zimbabwe as follows: –
May it please you, your Excellency the President:
We, the Members of Parliament of Zimbabwe desire to express our loyalty to Zimbabwe and beg leave to offer our respectful thanks for the speech, which you have been pleased to address to Parliament – Hon. Sen. S. S. Mpofu
- Adjourned debate on motion on challenges affecting early child learning (Adjourned 15th December 2022- Sen. Mabika)
[Days elapsed: 3]
Question proposed: That this House;
ACKNOWLEDGING, that education is a right for every citizen and permanent resident in Zimbabwe
COGNISANT that the state, through reasonable legislative and other measures, must ensure that education is progressively available and accessible even to Adults as constitutionally obligated.
FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGING, the importance of Early Child Development (ECD) in laying the foundation for Children through education.
CONCERNED, that Early Child Development (ECD) is confronted with a myriad of challenges such as inadequate funding, shortage of classrooms, Information Communication Technology (ICT) equipment teachers and reading materials, among other things;
This House calls upon:
- the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education to prioritize the construction
of school infrastructure and recruitment of teachers for Early Child Development (ECD); and
- the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development to provide adequate
financial resources for Early Child Development programs - Hon. Sen. Mabika
THURSDAY, 2ND FEBRUARY, 2023
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWERS
*QUESTIONS WITHOUT NOTICE