PARLIAMENT OF ZIMBABWE
VOTES AND PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
SECOND SESSION – NINTH PARLIAMENT
THURSDAY, 7TH OCTOBER, 2021
Sixteen minutes to twelve o’clock p.m
The Speaker in the Chair
Chadzamira R. E.,
Chikukwa M. R,
Chingosho C. P.
Gonese I T,
Gwanetsa K. K.,
Haritatos V. P.,
Kanhutu I N,
Karumazondo M. T
Makoni R R,
Mandiwanzira S C,
Mavetera T. A.,
Mchenje S. M.,
Mguni S K,
Mhlanga J. N.,
Mhona F T,
Mliswa M T,
Mukapiko D. L.,
Mukunyaidze S. E.I
Musanhi K. S,
Mushonga P. M.,
Nyashanu M. Dr,
Nyathi R. R,
Sacco J. K.,
Sansole T. W.,
Shamu W. K.,
Sithole G K,
In attendance in terms of section 138(2) and (3) and section 104(3) of the Constitution
Hon Matuke; Hon. Munzverengwa; Hon. Murwira; Hon. Coventry; Hon. M. Ncube
Printed by Order of the House
Absent with leave
- The Speaker: Section 140 (1) of the Constitution of Zimbabwe states that:
“The President may at any time address either House of Parliament or a Joint
Sitting of both Houses”.
and section 140 (4) also states that:
“At least once a year the President must address a Joint Sitting of both Houses of Parliament on the State of the Nation, and the Speaker and the President of the Senate must take the necessary arrangements for the Parliament to receive such address”.
Accordingly, I have to inform the House that at twelve o’clock noon today, His
Excellency, the President, Hon. E. D. Mnangagwa will deliver the State of the Nation
Address which marks the official opening of the Fourth Session of the Ninth
- Business suspended at a twenty-four minutes to twelve o’clock noon.
- The President of the Senate attended.
- The Joint Sitting of the Senate and the National Assembly commenced at seven minutes to twelve o’clock noon.
Five minutes to Twelve o’clock noon.
- The President of Zimbabwe, being seated in the Chair, was pleased to address Parliament as follows:
- Printer to insert Speech
- The Joint Sitting of the Senate and the National Assembly ended at twenty six minutes to one o’clock.
- The President of the Senate withdrew.
- The Chief Justice’s procession withdrew.
Twenty four minutes to one o’clock pm.
- The Speaker resumed the Chair and read Prayers.
- The Speaker laid upon the Table-
A copy of the speech, which the President of Zimbabwe had been pleased to deliver to the Joint Sitting of the Senate and the National Assembly.
- The Speaker informed the House that in order to expedite the work of Parliament, all Committees of the Third Session would continue to operate as previously constituted until such a time that new Committees were appointed by the Committee on Standing Rules and Orders.
- The Minister of Finance and Economic Development moved: That the Committee of Supply be appointed in terms of Standing Order No. 123.
Motion put and agreed to.
- The Speaker adjourned the House without putting any question at twenty two minutes to one o‘clock pm until Tuesday, 19th October, 2021 at a quarter past two o’clock in the afternoon.
HON ADVOCATE J.F. N. MUDENDA,
TUESDAY, 19TH OCTOBER, 2021
NOTICE OF MOTION
- Hon. Mutambisi
Hon. Dr. Nyashanu
That a respectful address be presented to the President of Zimbabwe as follows:-
May it please you, your Excellency the President:
We, the Members of Parliament of Zimbabwe, desire to express our loyalty to Zimbabwe and beg leave to offer our respectful thanks for the speech, which you have been pleased to address to Parliament.
- Committee of Supply.